注册
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 488|回复: 3

[闲谈] Australia Day -- so you know something about Aussies

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-1-25 08:30:12 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Australia Day celebrations
Australia Day is the official National Day of Australia. The 26th of January is celebrated annually to commemorate the arrival of the first fleet at Sydney Cove in 1788.
Australians now use it as a day to put the feet up, watch some tennis or cricket, relax by the pool (or beach) and sizzle in the heat.

You know you're Australian when…

1. You know how to abbreviate every word, all of which usually end in -o: arvo, combo, garbo, metho, milko, rego, servo, smoko, speedo, righto etc.

2. You know that there is a universal place called “woop woop” located in the middle of nowhere… no matter where you actually are.

3. You know that while we call our friends ‘mates’, we don’t use terms like ‘sheila’ and ‘shrimp on the barbie’, contrary to popular belief.

4. You know that none of us actually drink Fosters beer, because it tastes like crap. But we let the world think we do. Because we can.

5. You have at some time in your life slept with Aeroguard on in the summer. Maybe even as perfume.

6. You have the ability to compress several words into one – ie ‘g’day’ and ‘d’reckn?’. This allows more space for profanities.

7. You’ve used the words – tops, ripper, sick, mad, rad, sweet – instead of saying ‘good’. And then you place ‘bloody’ in front of it when you REALLY mean it.

8. You know the first verse to the national anthem, but still don’t know what “girt” means. And you’re ok with that.

9. You know that backyard cricket is a nice way to bond with family and the rubbish bin. And the ‘one hand, one bounce’ rule always applies.

10.You know Australia IS the best bloody place on earth. Bar none
发表于 2013-1-25 12:06:06 | 显示全部楼层
haha,  we did see Fosters in several places in UK and the US, very few locals back home  like that beer.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-1-25 19:31:27 | 显示全部楼层
I like VB. It's bloody nice.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2013-1-26 20:24:17 | 显示全部楼层
社员甲 发表于 2013-1-25 19:31
I like VB. It's bloody nice.

VB is not too bad. When I go Brissie I would have xxxx Gold --- bloody good as gold.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|四海人民公摄 - 海外华人摄影爱好者网站

GMT+8, 2024-9-23 06:38